What can I do to make 2017 even better? Well, I have plans. I have lots of plans! I have goals, HUGE GOALS! And I can't wait to share them with you. A lot of them have to do with this blog and the direction I want to take my journey to.
For the first time, I have actually made a goal boar. I have had these goals stewing in the back of my head for the past few months actually. So I already knew what I wanted to achieve for this year. I even came up with my own timeline on when I was going to do things, how I was going to accomplish them and so forth.
Some big goals for me:
1) Rebranding my blog. Getting a professional logo made with other social media content to use to make my blog more professional and cohesive. Rolling out in the spring.
2) Getting my Personal Training Certification. This is HUGE for me! I originally thought about it in 2010. Then over the past year, I have been deciding when I was going to do it. That is this summer.
3) Lowering my body fat %. GOAL: 24% BF. I started in November at 41%. And honestly I don't know if 24% is doable while nursing but I really want to be much lower in my BF%. That means building muscle to burn my fat. And really watching what I eat. And in 2 months I have lost 1 percent. Slow and steady. Goal: November.
4) Professional Fitness Photos. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS! This is my reward for reaching my BF% Goal. WHY NOT?!? When I get my body healthy, why not show it off. So I am really looking forward to those! Timeline. November.
5) Getting out of credit card debt, staying out of debt and building our savings. Plus saving for 2 BIG trips. One this summer to New Orleans for the Beachbody coach summit and beach for Mason's birthday. And saving to take the family to Disney World in a year from now! I really want to run the Dopey. and still debating but...I will be running one race next year at least. First we have to get out of debt which is scheduled to be by March. Then we start saving for New Orleans, then Disney.
Couple of things when you are setting goals is to follow the SMART system. When you do you are more likely to achieve your goals because you are making a plan. Check out the SMART Goal making below!
S- Specific- Be super specific when making your goals. Write down what you really want to accomplish, not just the overall goal but if you want to lose 20 pounds then write it down, instead of just "lose weight".
M- Measurable- How are you going to measure your success? Do you have an app that you can put your info in and the app will keep track for you? Make a spread sheet or have some sort of way you can track and measure how you are progressing. (lose 20 pounds by using a scale and using my iHealth app on my phone.)
A- Attainable- Be realistic in your goals. 100 pounds in 2 months is not going to happen. Make real smart goals based on what you know you are capable of, and maybe push yourself just a little bit. Also don't under value yourself either. And how are you going to do it, being specific again. (lose 20 pounds by March 31st by eating clean, exercising 6 days a week and allowing myself 1 meal a week that is an indulgent meal.)
R- Relevant- Is is worthwhile? Does it fit in with your overall long term plans? (Double my daily page views on my blog by June 2016.) Find your why on why you want to accomplish it and make it worthwhile. This will help you stick with it more when you are having a hard time!
What are you big goals for this year? Drop them in the comments below!
Want more daily motivation and inspiration? Click here get free advice, support and encouragement + a free copy of my Clean Eating guide to help you get started on your health and fitness journey! Don't forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK!