Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day Hot Chocolate

(2012. Picking Matt up at the airport after an 11 month deployment. Mason was 11 months old.) 

Matt has always felt that this day, Veteran's Day is "His Day". And it is. Today we dropped Mason off at school and Matt, Collin baby and I headed down to the downtown area of Charlottesville. We happened upon the Veteran's Day Celebration. We then enjoyed a great breakfast at the area's first diner. I ate french toast and eggs. YUM! 80/20, eat clean 80% of the time and you can eat anything else the other 20%! We then picked Mason up from school, went to Best Buy and I finally rejoined the cell phone age and got a business phone! And have just been relaxing the rest of the day! What did you guys do today? 
So, to make my officer feel extra special on "his day" I am trying out this awesome Hot Chocolate with a kick recipe tonight after the kiddos go to bed! Hot chocolate is one of his favorite cold weather drinks!

Does this look good to you?
CLEAN EATING HOT CHOCOLATE

(Makes approximately 4 cups)
INGREDIENTS:
4 cups unsweetened milk (any type)
3/4 cup honey (or to taste)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
3 tablespoons unsweetened powdered cocoa
DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in a pot and warm over medium to medium high heat. Stir constantly with a whisk.
Pour into cups and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...