Happy day after Thanksgiving! How did you do yesterday eating wise? Did you eat too much? If you want to get back on track faster, check out these 7 tips to help you feel more like you!
1) Today don't go crazy with leftovers. Look at what you have and plan what you are going to eat before you go crazy. NO GRAZING!
2) Drink lots of water to help your body flush out faster.
3) Eat more veggies. Have a huge plate of salad, without dressing though. Use a balsamic vinegar and oil dressing.
4) Ditch all the carbs from yesterday. Don't even keep them as leftover, just dump them out. You know, the stuffing, potatoes, and let your family members use the rolls for their sandwiches.
5) Make sure you portion out the leftover turkey and use it for your meals.
6) Cut salt. More than likely there was a lot of salt in your meal yesterday. More than you might usually eat. For the next few days, just avoid salt. Don't use it. Adding extra pepper actually helps fool my brain into thinking I am missing any salt.
7) DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF THIS WEEKEND to "check the damage". More than likely, no matter how well you ate, your weight will be higher. Don't beat yourself up with the "I should have done better" game. It isn't worth it. You are living a healthy lifestyle now and that includes enjoying holidays! If you follow these tips you should be fine by the 1st of December and be back to where you wanted to be. Hope this helps!