Check out this One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
Found over at: Julia's Album
You got, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, basil, chicken and it is super easy! PALEO, and CLEAN EATING that TASTES GREAT! I am excited to try this! Click HERE to view the whole recipe!
Want to make your own homemade basil pesto? I have a huge basil plant thriving out front so we are going to go this route. Check out this yummy oil free BASIL PESTO RECIPE
Oil Free Lemon and Basil Pesto:
- 3 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 4 cloves of garlic (or 1 heaping tbsp)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt/pepper to taste
- water to thin (about 4 tbsp)
- Place pine nuts into a pan on medium heat. Lightly toast them, watching carefully that they don’t burn (this happens quickly). No added oil is needed in the pan, since pine nuts have a high amount of natural oil.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Use right away or freeze in ice cube trays. To do this, place tablespoons into a tray. Freeze, and then remove from trays. Store in a freezer bag for later use.
- Pesto is great on raw or slightly sautéed zucchini noodles, on pizza, traditional pastas, in stuffed peppers, or anything your heart imagines!
Want more daily motivation and inspiration? Click here get free advice, support and encouragement + a free copy of my Clean Eating guide to help you get started on your health and fitness journey!